Friday, May 4, 2012

Not Far Behind. 4-30-12

Mom took this at the market

Once we stopped and Boop woke up, she was not having any more of the car seat. I managed to let Winnie tinkle and then get us inside. I nursed Boop for a bit and just left all of the bags in the car. Winnie was agitated and wanted a proper walk, but I managed to hold down the fort in the hotel. About that time, I was really appreciating my make-shift fence in the backyard—I missed being able to just open the door and let Winnie out. It wasn’t much longer before Mom and Aunt D got there, but I’ll admit it felt like longer than it really was.

When Mom and Aunt D arrived, Winnie managed to dart out the door and gave herself a little walk, but I managed to get her back into the room. Everyone was hungry; so my aunt and I walked over to the little Mexican place and got us all a bit of lunch. The 27th, the day before, was Mom’s birthday, a very long day, and I had promised her a margarita or something fruity. So, Aunt D and I tried to get her a margarita, but we couldn’t take it out of the restaurant.

After lunch, I had to make a run to do some quick shopping, and fortunately, I found a daiquiri at the grocery store and a gift card to one of her favorite stops for dinner. She made quick work of her drink, and then, we got ready and headed out to do a bit of sightseeing. I drove them around downtown, to the capitol, and we even got to watch some auditions for ballet dancers. Afterwards, I drove around and around to find the little market I had been to about 2 years ago, and we had a little walk to look at the plants. We were a bit restricted in our movement with having Winnie with us, but I just hated leaving her behind. She loved it all, and Boop even managed the car seat.

The whole day, Boop’s feet hardly touched the floor, or rather, she was constantly in someone’s arms, and every whimper had 3 grown women at her service. That’s how a little Boop gets very, very spoiled! 

No comments:

Post a Comment