Thursday, May 17, 2012

Verklempt. 5-13-12


Oy, I’ve been on the verge of tears for the last couple of days. Mommy tears. I didn’t think it was possible for me to be more sentimental than I already was, but then I became a Mom. Well, maybe I’m the same amount of sentimental but just react more to the sentimental things.  

Mom called me back, and I was fighting tears. Mom asked, “What’s the matter?” “I’m just on the verge of tears.” Mom replied, “I knew I should’ve come up this weekend!” “No, it’s not that at all. I just got a message after I called you. It was G-, and she said that Boop and G wanted to take me out to dinner for Mother’s Day.” Mom laughed, “Well, if that’s the case, then you’re best to just get it out.” My aunts S and D were with her, and she put me on speaker phone. She continued, “Tell them what you got.” “I posted it on the blog this morning.” She went on, “She got a picture from Cecilly and flowers from me.” “I got flowers from S and S, too!” Then, Mom got confused about Boop’s artwork, and I was telling them about the poem on the flower pot—at which point my voice cracked.--"Talk amongst yourselves!"

That’s not to mention the nice notes and well-wishes folks have been giving me, especially this morning. It’s been coming on for a few days and building. I had pretty much been looking forward to a quiet day today, but if Boop and G want to go out, why not? It’s my first Mother’s Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment