Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Taking Stock at 17 Weeks Old. 5-16-12


Here’s what’s going on at 17 weeks old (and a few things I may not have mentioned from before):
  • Boop has now figured how to get the frog on her seat to play music by pulling it. She even turns in her swing so that she can reach the dangling elephant.
  • When Winnie was a puppy, she hid her treats in my shoe. A few weeks ago, I looked in Boops car seat, and there was a little piece of dog food from Winnie :)
  • I recognize the baby that I carried in my womb. Those arms and legs just go and go and go. Easter, I got some chocolate cookies from the Easter bunny, and I ate more than I should have. All night long, I felt those little bouncing legs and flailing arms, accompanied by, “Meh-meh, Meh-meh.” She was loving the chocolate milk—wanted me to stay awake and nurse her, and she was WIRED.
  • Tummy time is increasing. She likes her little car mat, and she can tolerate being on her a tummy a little more every day.
  • Countdown until Mom arrives: less than 1 day. I’ve been dreaming of many things: taking out the trash, shaving my other leg, and having a meal that doesn’t come from a box or plastic container. Practically nirvana, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment