Saturday, May 12, 2012

Kentucky Home. 5-6-12


There are some times I miss KY, and Derby Day is one of them. It’s been years since I’ve lived there, but hearing “My Old Kentucky Home” is usually the thing that gets me. And the uncertainties I’ve had about living here start up again. I’m trying to figure out what is best for her, and because she’s so dependent on me, at this point, I try to think of the place where I’ll be in the best frame of mind. Right now, that feels like having a solid income and health insurance. And there are plenty of other uncertainties about moving home other than income and health insurance, too.

Yesterday evening, after Boop was being so fussy for the better part of the day, I was feeling a little overwhelmed. She just doesn’t seem to be feeling well. The concern about having a UTI is eating at me. And it doesn’t feel right to wait until she gets a fever because they are hard to catch. Honestly, I think it’s a fluke that we caught the last one at the doctor’s office, and that could have just been a coincidence.

Unhappy Boop
Fortunately, a little sleep <very little sleep>, and I’m in a better frame of mind. Mornings are always better for Boop, and that makes life a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment