Monday, May 21, 2012

Well Ver-sed. 5-19-12


We decided to take Boop on to daycare before the procedure. I thought it would just be too difficult for her waiting around while I had everything done. After leaving Boop at the daycare, we headed on over to the hospital. We registered, and they called me back. The central area had a collection of sock monkeys, including a sock cow—adorable. Boop already has her sock monkey. But no sock cow. How hard will it be to say ‘no’ when Boop wants and I want it, too!

In came the parade of nurses, all of them determined to get my vein for the IV. No digging, I say, take as long as you want to find it, but no digging! What did the 1st two nurses do? They dug. If Mom hadn’t been with me, I would have given them the what for. I tried to be nice but firm. The first one stuck me twice; I only allowed the second nurse one try. She was pretty angry about it. Both were just sure they could get it. Of course, it’s my fault that they couldn’t get it. My fault that I wouldn’t let them dig for 10 minutes, I guess. I kept asking for the stat nurse. Right before my time, the nurse for the procedure came out ready to take me back and was wondering why I wasn’t ready. You know, when I told them I was a hard stick when I first went back, you’d think the nurses would have started working on me then, rather than waiting until the last minute. Anyway, the nurse from the procedure room asked if I would give her a try. I told her she had 1 chance and to take her time to really find the vein before going in. She got it, and afterwards she admitted that she was sweating it, pretty nervous about trying.

I was so looking forward to the Versed to get some rest, and after answering a few questions from the GI MD, I was out for the upper endoscopy. That’s not a good one to be awake for, because the one time I was awake for it, I felt like I was choking and gagging. It doesn’t bother me too much to be awake for the colonoscopy, and I remember some of the procedure. Non-event. There was nothing wrong. Thank goodness. Done and done for a few more years J

No comments:

Post a Comment