Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Boop's First Day of School/the Future. 8-23-11


Boop's 1st Day of School   
I see everyone posting photos of their little ones starting out to school and their older kids heading off to college. So, likewise, I thought I would take a photo of my little Boop on his/her way to his/her first graduate class. Boop is very precocious!
A few weeks ago, I never dreamed my baby would be headed off to grad school. To be honest, I started writing this blog because Boop was having so much trouble. I didn't know if Boop would make it, and I wanted to have a way to remember my little one. Related to a topic of discussion in class today, another less important reason for this blog was that C had lifted one of my journal entries on my computer for a song and did a video with a guy acting like a dog/lion attacking someone acting like me. Well, I won't be as scared if he copies it off the Internet, and I'm guessing my musings about Boop are boring to him. Anyway.
Much against my nature, I have been trying to let myself be optimistic and happy, facilitated somewhat by my disposition to plan. And every week, my little Boop seems more real. There are diapers and car seats and strollers to think about, and daycare to register for.
I was watching Oprah yesterday afternoon as she interviewed Chaz (nee Chastity, Cher's daughter). How would I react to such a thing should Boop come to me one day? I don't have much investment in Boop's gender at this point. It's changed so many times in my mind, from being a girl in the first trimester, to being a boy now. Recently, my great aunt M told me about the time when her step son told her that he was gay. Would I be able to say and do the right thing? What if Boop did something sinister? How would I handle it? I'm creating worries for myself and getting too far off track. I don't need to cross that bridge before I get there.
Right now, I need to focus on eating the right things, staying safe, and being a good pregnant Mom. Hopefully, I will be able take Boop swimming for the first time this week :) And maybe it's okay for me to think about little Boop's real first day of daycare and maybe even Boop's first day of elementary school...

4 comments: