Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Jehovah. 8-1-11


Winnie let me know that someone was at the door. It was 2 ladies who were Jehovah's Witnesses. Winnie was so crazy that I could barely hear their names. As one of the ladies was handing me 2 brochures, she explained, "This one is about how to keep your marriage strong. I think you'll really like reading it." My natural instinct was to say... but then I caught myself. She probably saw I was pregnant. I really didn't want to go there with a person I didn't know. So, I just said, "Thank you," and smiled. They mean well, not wanting me to suffer eternal damnation and all. 
I just published blogs on my dating tribulations. Now, if the brochure was about how to meet a great guy, it might peak my interest. For some reason, I've been getting oodles of messages about guys 'who want to get to know me better' from the Internet dating site. It makes me a touch sad and quite amused at the same time: sad that I'm not out there meeting new guys and doing fun things with them <in spite of my unfortunate dates, hope springs eternal> and amused at the mental image of me walking in for a first meeting with my large baby bump and introducing myself. It would be hillarious to try it, just to go through the regular pre-date banter like your typical single girl, and then appear on a first date this fantastically pregnant woman. The expression would be priceless. I'm not imagining a reception like the SNL skit with the pregnant woman dancing in the bar. You've got to give her credit for totally pulling it off!
In the mean time, it's just Boop, Winnie, and me taking life one day at time :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment