Sunday, August 21, 2011

Dreams. 8-13-11

The Nightmare--Henri Fuseli
Somebody is having a very animated dream. I'm hearing little whimpers right beside me, that in her dream, are probably very big barks. And before the whimpers there were little growls and lots of twitches. She's been chasing something. And I just saw her eyes open accompanied by a little stretch. I wonder if Winnie was having a happy dream, or if she's sensing the changes that are happening and was having a nightmare.
I've had some of the strangest dreams, partly induced by the meds and partly my own stresses. I had a horrible dream about my teeth a few weeks ago. They were gushing blood and falling out. I don't quite think that's what the pregnancy information pages meant when they said that your teeth may bleed more when you brush and floss... A few days ago, I had a dream that I was a helicopter pilot, and my mom and I were following the interstate. Then, we started to run out of gas, so we figured that there would be a gas station near a ramp. However, as is in the case in the mountains, you have to drive a few miles to find the gas station, and there we were, just barely hovering above the ground. The cars heading the other direction were unphased, and we were puttering along in the line of traffic, holding our breaths to get to the gas station in time.
This one is not too hard to figure out. My bank account/credit card problems with trying to have enough gas to get home and still not adjusting to the gas tank in my car after having the Civic for so long, those are pretty obvious. I've also been thinking about the Chinook helicopter in the news that was shot down in Afghanistan. And then there is the bigger issue of my energy level and being old. And I guess Mom and I are in the same boat. My mom unfortunately reminded me of how old we would be when Boop would be in college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment