Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cars. 8-18-11

I've been staying pretty busy and a bit lax about posting. Earlier this week, I hit something in the road. The next morning, I got up and my tire was low. I aired it up. Tire maintenance is comical for a pregnant woman, especially the squatting and trying to balance. Then, I got up the next morning, and the tire was low again <cringe>. But I needed the state vehicle inspection, so I took it in anyway. They couldn't inspect it, of course, and the tire was in much worse shape than I thought. So, I took it up to Walmart. They are close by, and they have a road hazard warranty. Of course, 1 tire was $150...
Let's recap. In February 2010, a nasty pothole winter before last shredded one of my original tires. I was able to find the same brand across town (tire #1). That one was supposed to be about $200, but they gave me a break. Then, spring 2011, I was due for new ones; so I got 4 Nexens at the dealership. I kept tire #1 that I bought after the pothole (fortunately) even though it wasn't in terrific shape. I let J, my helper, borrow my car this past spring to help his friend move. He blew one of the new Nexens beyond repair. So, I put my old tire back on. Then, I hit something in the road earlier this week. I got tire #6 this morning.
Apparently, I also bent the rim; so now I need to look for one of those. Then, they said I have another tire going bad. Turns out, the one I blew out earlier this week was one of the new Nexens. The guy said the old one in the back (tire #1) was bad, too. I can't win! At least I had an hour to look at baby clothes while there. They had a lot of things on sale, which was very tempting. Of course, on my way back to work this morning, my morning sickness was acting up, and I had to make a quick trip home. It's not enough to have car problems... Hopefully, I can get the car straightened out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment