Monday, August 8, 2011

Recovering. 7-28-11

I'm trying to find some new helpers since my previous ones will be gone for a while. Alas, I miss my helper B already. The person today got a somewhat good reference, but I'm thinking I should have read between the lines a bit more. The helper today was nice and well-meaning, but she was having a hard time. I don't know if she had done much house cleaning before, and I don't think she knew anything about pregnancy.
Some of the interesting approaches to cleaning included vacuuming while sitting down, using a can of aerosol rug cleaner on a 5x7 rug indoors (after I explained that I couldn't be around chemicals while pregnant), using a 1/5 bottle of concentrated dishwashing liquid for a half a pail of water, and that's only the beginning. Did I mention that she brought the vacuum back into the house so that she could empty it out? She was here less than 2 hours, and I haven't done as much work in my entire pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment