Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Taking Care of Business. 7-31-11

It's been a hectic week. At least I have more energy in my second trimester. Much running for my car. After making one attempt to get my registration in a different town, I had to go downtown and pay my car taxes. Then, I had to go back to the DMV in a different town for my registration. Yep, definitely more convoluted than other places I've lived, and I'm not finished, yet. Then, car maintenance at the dealership. I also took Winnie to the vet, a little behind. She was due in May. She still acts like a puppy. The vet said her insides were like a puppy, too :) She did have a loose knee cap, but he said not to worry too much. What would I do without my Winnie?  
I've also had helpers here this week. The first person was a bit of a bust. The second person got all of my drywall out of my way, and we got furniture moved into the kitchen. Yay! I have another helper today. Hopefully, I'll be able to get kitchen stuff out of the living room. Yep, I still have can goods in my living room. I have a lot of trim work in the kitchen, too.
I'm having a hard time finding maternity clothes. I bought a couple pair of cropped pants at Target this week. I went to the Goodwill to try to find some more pants. I didn't have much luck, slim pickin's, especially for summer stuff in my size. I found a few long sleeved tops, but that doesn't help me for now. I wanted to get a belly band, but the ones at Target were nude colored, and you could see my pants underneath it...kinda defeats the purpose. Being that I have no idea how things fit on me--I don't even know my size--I have trouble buying stuff online. Maybe I'll find some when I go back to visit family this coming weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a Gap Outlet nearby? If you come through Northern KY on your way home, there is one here. Try consignment shops! Kids/baby shops often have maternity. Or call a couple shops and ask if they have maternity. Again, if you come through Northern KY, "Snooty Fox" consignment has lots of stuff and some maternity. I got lots of nice tops there with baby #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some outlets about an hour away--maybe a Gap included. Maybe I'll make a trek up that direction in the next few weeks. Unfortunately, my trip doesn't take me near NKY these days. I did find a decent consignment shop in Lexington. It's such a relief to wake up and know I have something to wear ;)

    ReplyDelete