Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bath. 10-19-11

I really need a bath, a nice warm bath. I've been imagining it for a few months now. I haven't had a bath in a good 6 months. Some states have laws, like KY I think, that say you have to have at least 1 or 2 baths a year, whether you need it not. Well, I did have showers, which I suppose is in the spirit of a bath, but just doesn't feel the same.
Last night, I had 2 helpers over while I was gone to massage therapy. They finished painting the little hall upstairs, did some touch up painting around the bathroom, and cleaned everything up. The floor was so nice and clean, all of the fixtures and even the tub. The tub hadn't been cleaned since I moved in, well actually long before I moved in, I'm sure, and there had been wood floor sanding dust and drywall dust all over the bathroom and hall walls. Clean and freshly painted, it looked like a different place.
I was so excited this morning. I took my big fluffy purple towels and soaps and shampoo upstairs, threw my new cotton rug on the floor, got my new soap dispenser out of the box and filled it with liquid soap... I was so ready. I saw a dirty spot on the tub that my helpers must have missed and sprayed some cleaner on it. Then, I turned on the bath faucet. Nothing came out! Moan, groan... So, I hoped that the valves had been turned off at the access panel in the hall. I went over to it. Painted shut. I couldn't get the door open, but I did manage to accidently pull off some the trim. So, my bath will wait a few more days, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment