Monday, October 24, 2011

Chinese Dumplings. 10-17-11

I was really looking forward to the drive to see the Autumn color. Unfortunately, we're just not having a very pretty fall this year. Otherwise, the trip down to my aunt D's wasn't too bad, and I knew Winnie would enjoy it. I had a nice visit with my mom and 2 of my aunts and headed out to N'ville the next morning. As it turned out, I went over to Z's for lunch to visit with her and her family. Little M is getting so big. Her husband slaved away at the stove making homemade Chinese dumplings <YUM, he's a very good cook!>, while Z and I visited. Z kept telling M that I was pregnant with a baby, and of all times for Boop not to kick, it would be the time when we are trying to convey some excitement about pregnancy in a way that a 3 year old could understand. Z was also telling me about her experiences with gestational diabetes.
M speaks primarily Chinese like her parents; so imagine our surprise when M handed me a banana, and I asked her in English, "Do you know what kind of animal eats bananas?" She smiled, was quiet for a minute, and then said with a giggle, "A monkey!" Z said she didn't know where she got that, and that sometimes M will just pop in English words when speaking to her mother. How lucky M is to be learning Chinese and English at such an early age! During my trip to China, I could not get the vowels, and so the language was lost on me.

When Boop gets a little bigger, we'll put all of the stickers and wheels on :)
Z decided that she didn't want to go to the Cemetary Walk by R's; so I started to get ready to head out. Z found a few things for me that M had outgrown, a booster seat/high chair and a rainforest mobile for Boop's crib. M was a little confused about what was going on, and I felt bad that I hadn't yet had time to pick up a little something for her. And as if the chair and mobile weren't enough, they produced a large box with a giraffe with wheels that toddler Boop could ride on that they just got before I arrived. So, my car was full as I headed out to see R :).

No comments:

Post a Comment