Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Busy Body. 10-11-11

On Saturday, I checked my tongue only to find it white with blisters. Fortunately, the midwives (2) responded to my phone call on game day Saturday, and they told me acidophilus was good to take and started to give me a script for diflucan. I asked about nyastatin mouthwash, and they wrote a script. Come to find out, the mouthwash was supposed to be swallowed and is also Pregnancy class C like diflucan. I wasn't feeling very good about taking it; so I opted to mega dose yogurt and acidophilus. Yesterday morning, I made a trip to the Urgent Care, and they confirmed that they also thought it was thrush. I wish that it were just a response to the antibiotics that I had been taking, but I'm feeling more squarely in gestational diabetes land every day.
Last night, I started looking up information on fetal activity. And we've got LOTS of that. I can just watch her by looking at my tummy. She can kick my tummy out about an inch or so... With all the pregnant women I've seen, I've never seen anything like it. I read a summary that said fetal activity was associated with greater activity at up to 1 year. Hm. Yes, Boop could be a handful. Even though the summary was on a university website, it didn't look official, and I wanted to see primary articles. This morning I hopped on Pub Med. One of the first things I read was a study out of Israel that found greater fetal activity was associated with higher likelihood of maternal gestational diabetes :( And Boop is big. I just attributed that to inaccurate dating: by my estimation, Boop should be nearly 2 weeks further along than estimated by LMP.
Fortunately, I haven't had much taste for sweets, but I will definitely miss breads, cereals, and white potatoes. And I don't need one more restriction after lactose intollerance and food allergies. My general practitioner joked at my last visit in August that I was getting every pregnancy complication possible... And now gestational diabetes looks like a good possibility... I hope I'm wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment