Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hearing. 10-13-11

People tell me things, LOTS of things. Things that make me very angry about other people and circumstances. I'm not sure why they talk to me. I try to keep my mouth shut. And I don't know that many people to tell, anyway. It's frustrating to see people stuck. Many times, I don't know what to say, especially these days, as I'm having some challenges of my own. Earlier today, a colleague came a'knocking on my door. Another tough situation. I just looked at her and said, "I wish I knew what to say here, but I just don't know how to help you. I have the same kinds of problems, and I can't figure out what to do myself." I'm not a clinical psychologist, but I play one at work... I make it VERY clear that I am not, though.
And so I think of my Boop. Will I be flummoxed when she is having trouble? Social rejection, teasing, and bullies, will I be able to say the right things? I definitely feel more comfortable with little girl problems, but as she gets older, it will be more challenging. I certainly wasn't able to manage some situations as well as I would have liked when I was younger. And even now, I'm not having quiet nights. I guess, if there's nothing else I can do, I can at least offer her my ear and let her know I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment