Monday, October 10, 2011

Y-oh-ga! 10-5-11

I'm making a serious effort to get into pregnancy mode. I don't have a lot of energy, but I'm trying to meet other mom's and do good baby things. One of the things I asked the midwife about was getting exercise. I could really feel that my energy level was lower than it should be, and I felt like my rump was expanding faster than my bump. The midwife suggested yoga. It's been a while since I've been in a proper yoga class. I did a fair bit in grad school, and then I did some different types of meditation, including yoga, while in my first post-doc. Before I got pregnant, I mostly resorted to Wii.
It seemed like the only place in town for true pregnancy yoga was actually just up the road from me. The main classes were on Monday evenings or Thursday during the day. I'm trying not to leave too much during the day, and on Monday evenings, I'm cramming to prepare for my class on Tuesday. So, I opted to try for the Pregnancy Vinyasa Yoga. Hm. It was pretty intense for a pregnant woman with arthritis and who hadn't taken a proper yoga class in some time. Tree pose was a joke. My balance is so far off. I did manage to do a proper tree pose on the other leg. I'm not sure I can manage something this intense at this point. There were 3 pregnant ladies tonight including me, and it turns out, I was the farthest along. So I guess I kept up pretty well, considering. At least maybe I can go to the preggie social on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment