Sunday, October 2, 2011

Taking Stock at Week 23. 9-26-11


Here is what is happening at Week 23:
  • I guess I'm going to be one of those people whose morning sickness never goes completely away. I'm nearly 6 months pregnant and still have mild nausea. The awful taste in my mouth is annoying. At least I'm keeping my food down, and my angular chelitis is much better. I just hope the nausea goes away upon Boops arrival.
  • My hair and nails are growing like crazy. Growing toenails seems like a cruel joke of nature: to make something that requires so much attention on the other side of a big hill. And I'm getting to be a big girl; I've almost gained 20 lbs... It's getting harder and harder to reach my feet!
  • At week 23, they say that you could have a linea nigra--that little line under the belly button. Not yet. No red palms, yet. My belly is a little itchy but mostly just big! And I don't quite have that ravenous hunger, but it does feel better to eat. And then, there was a note about pregnancy forgetfulness this week. Sorry, but that ship has already sailed.
  • Not sure if I'm just noticing Boop less, or if she is mellowing out. I haven't been feeling her move as much. Of course, I've also been more active.

No comments:

Post a Comment