Sunday, October 9, 2011

Very Metal. 10-5-11

Very Metal, the taste in my mouth. I just try to eat to get rid of the taste, and my rump and my bump are a testament. You know you're out of kilter when you can relate a bit too much to the Young Ones. Vivian's 'Very Metal' jacket reminded me. In particular, I'm thinking about the episode where Vivian was pregnant. Yep, I feel bloated much like poor Vivian, a very scary thought, but there really is a baby Boop in there... I have the ultrasounds to prove it! And then there's the whole issue of naming kids. Vivian took the wise approach to naming his baby, sidestepping the teasing issue, and choosing a name to purposely get his child into fights: Shutup or Pissoff, I believe. And then there was the problem of how to care for the child, "Vivian's baby will be born a Pauper!" and they had to borrow cups of sugar just for heat. I'm doing a bit better, but there is so much up in the air.
There was a different episode where Vivian borrowed Rik's roll-on deodorant for his smelly guinea pig. Yep, poor Winnie needs a bath, but I dread having to do it. She's so much happier to be dirty and stinky, and well, I'm much happier not to be kicked in the gut. Roll-on deodorant is clearly not an optimal choice, but I understand the sentiment. And then there are concerns about the environment, so eloquently addressed by Rik, "Pollution, are you coming to my town, or am I coming to yours?." Of course, I am concerned about the quality of air and water for my little Boop, living only a few miles from a mountain top removal project. I know the worries are just beginning, but the less my life feels like a Young Ones episode, the better off I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment