Friday, December 2, 2011

Boop’s 1st Thanksgiving. 11-30-11

Thanksgiving is a bit of a blur. I felt like I ran the whole time. I got a phone call from my mother the night before about something that we needed from the drug store, and so I was up and out at 7am. And in a previous post, I said I wouldn’t get out to do any shopping on Thanksgiving.  Wishful thinking. I bought toys for my cousins <I’m cringing, not because I bought toys for cousins, but because I was buying them on Thanksgiving>. There was a steady stream of folks there at the drug store; so I guess I wasn’t the only one. About the time that my mom and I got our list of kids taken care of, I got a call from my Aunt D about jellied cranberries. They didn’t have any at the drug store, and so I made a run to the grocery store. I called Aunt D to check in from the grocery store, and she had thought of a few more things that she needed ;) I was happy to oblige, though, because it’s so nice for her to host Thanksgiving; it’s a lot of extra work for her. I tried to help out as I could. I rallied my cousin, D, to help me go and pick up my aunt S. The responsibility for transporting Aunt S frequently falls to my mom and Aunt D, which is not such a big deal, except the management of her heavy wheel chair. It was nice that my cousin went with me to help.
And we tried to keep everyone happy. So, there were 2 types of cranberries (jellied and Celebration Salad), 2 types of peas (steamed and pea salad), 2 types of meat (turkey and spiral sliced ham), 2 types of rolls (yeast and dinner), 3 types of pie (cherry, pumpkin, blackberry, plus cheesecake), and FIVE types of potatoes (boiled tri-color potatoes in the green beans, mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and potato salad). Of course, we had one of everything else, too. And so we ate and ate and ate. Afterwards, Mom and I headed back to her house and made our plan of attack for Black Friday. I was still pretty exhausted, and with all of that tryptophan, I went promptly to bed.  I was so glad that Boop didn’t make an early appearance…

No comments:

Post a Comment