Saturday, December 10, 2011

Taking Stock at Week 33. 12-5-11

Here’s what is happening at Week 33:
  • Another week. I’m progressing. Gaining more weight. Grumbling about my arthritis, which has worsened by the hormones and the weight. Yep, I’m in the uncomfortable phase and wondering about my body after I give birth. Several folks have told me that they’ve gained over 40 lbs, but they are slim now. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I would like to be able to be more active, but it’s just not realistic.
  • The house is looking better every week. More and more of the renovation tasks on my list are getting checked off, one by one. The house is getting cleaner and more organized. It’s a very slow and laborious process. A day off here and there would help. I’ll have my Thanksgiving days off made up by next week, I think; so I can take another day off.
  • On the Internet pregnancy sites, they are saying that my Boop is continuing to gain weight and that her bones should be ossifying. Also, Boop’s lungs should be developed by now. Parts of the brain (responsible for processing language and vision) should be starting to function. People tell me that she will come out responding to her name, “Boop.” I’m fine with that ;) It will give me a little time to decide on her real name. Also, one of the sites says that her amniotic fluid is the most it will be by this week. From now on, it will be getting tighter and tighter in there.
  • One of the Internet sites recommended packing a bag for the hospital. I saw something on the SMC  website about the things I need to include. Part of the challenge will be trying to figure out how big little Boop and I will be. Do I bring newborn stuff, or do I bring 3-6 month stuff? What size will I wear? I’m hoping I’m a fair bit smaller, but I know I won’t be my pre-pregnancy size.

No comments:

Post a Comment