Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Party. 12-10-11

I was moving really slow, and I had a lot to do. I was mid-baby clothes washing, and I was trying to get them wrapped up. I didn’t want them to get musty. I think I did about 5 loads of tiny clothes; then I tried to hang them on my sweater rack to dry. Very slow going. And then I had to prepare for the holiday party at work. Fortunately, I already had my Secret Santa gift, but it wasn’t wrapped. I also had part of a rotisserie chicken in the freezer to make chicken-n-dumplin’s.
One load of Boop clothes!
Unfortunately, I had a number of obstacles. I couldn’t take my shower until the clothes were finished as I needed to shut the window (the bathroom and utility room are attached). Also, I had to wait until the sun came out to unfreeze the lock from the shed to get the wrapping paper for the gift. And then, I had to be careful about the stage of the dumplin’s while I took my shower.  As it turned out, I wound up having to take a shower with a very cold breeze, the dumplin’s boiled over while I was in the shower, and I couldn’t find the masking tape for the package and had to wrap it with packing tape. What’s more, I didn’t consider the transport of what I brought (large, heavy, requiring multiple trips) and knew I couldn’t manage 2 trips of 3 flights of stairs each way carrying all of my stuff to work. Fortunately, I was able to phone my friend, G, who had her assistant meet me at the drop-off area with a cart to get the gift and dumplin’s.
So, the dumplin’s were a bit bland; I had added a bit more water to them after the boil over, which was a bad idea. However, I did manage to get the texture right. The recipient liked her gift. I had suggested socks to my Secret Santa and got 4 pair, along with some little black patent leather shoes and a stuffed giraffe for Boop. Afterwards, I came home and crashed out of exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment