Saturday, December 24, 2011

Taking Stock at Week 35. 12-19-11

Here’s what’s happening at Week 35:
  • I’m one month before my official due date, as estimated by ultrasound. I checked the websites for Week 35. It sounds like if I were to deliver today, the complication rate would be nearly as low as full term. At this point, the liver is the main thing left to mature, but even full term babies may be jaundiced. The average baby is getting close to 6 lbs. Wonder what this means for Boop?
  • This morning, a little after 5am, I had a moderate contraction, and I had a mild one in the shower about 8:30am. So, maybe just Braxton Hicks, I guess. Tomorrow is my work shower; so it would be better if I weren’t in the hospital in labor. Two more weeks, if I can just make it 2 more weeks, that will be about right. Some folks at work were telling me to just hold on until the shower but were wondering if I would even make it that long!
  • I still don’t know where I’m going or what I’m doing at the hospital. Hopefully, during my midwife visit on Friday, we can get some details sorted out. Mom will be able to go this time. I’m sure she’ll have some questions for the midwife, too. It would be nice to make a trial run and to see where I’ll be going and what I’ll be doing.
  • My GI issues are really kicking in. Not sure if I picked up a little GI bug or if it is just part of the pregnancy. The reflux is pretty rough, and I was having a bit of trouble sleeping because of it. Fortunately, if I’ve had any headaches, they’ve been relatively mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment