Monday, December 19, 2011

Wet Blanket. 12-14-11

I feel like a very heavy, over-saturated sponge. I’m retaining so much water. The solution? Drink more water. Part of me wants to take a photo of my face to show Boop when she gets older to accompany ‘the pains of childbirth’ lament when I need leverage, but I don’t think I could make her feel that bad in good conscience. The other problem with that plan is that someone else could find it and use it to blackmail me.
People look at me and give me a pitying look. They give me plenty of room and jump to open doors. I must be a sad sight. My colleague next door was checking on me today, and I showed her my leg. She felt of it and said, “Ooo,” as she winced and pursed her lips. My boss’s boss stopped into my office and said, “Why are you here? You should be at home.” I gave her a big hug. I’m pushing through. They are having a shower for me next week, assuming I make it that long.
My friends and I are planning to have dinner on Friday, but meeting everyone’s needs can be challenging. It’s all me this time—food intolerances, can’t walk, get tired too quickly, etc. “Every party has a pooper, that’s why they invited me, Party Pooper! Party Pooper!” Even though they don’t have kids, they’ve been very sympathetic. My friend, K, gave me an order not to have the baby before New Years... Well, because she said so, that’s exactly what we’ll do!

No comments:

Post a Comment