Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Mild Hiccup. 12-2-11

I felt Boop’s first hiccups today, at least that’s what I think it was J It felt a bit like a drum with a very steady beat. At the moment, she is pressing heavily just north and to the left of my belly button. I think that’s a favorite spot for her foot. She’s getting so strong. As strong as she is, if she’s in there for too long, she might just break right through my abdomen and bust out!
I chatted with a new mom, A, at work today. She wasn’t so enthusiastic about taking labor classes. She said that it wasn’t very informative, but overall, she’s glad she went. Bless her heart, A just ranted about how good I look; the same with another new mom, G, at work later this afternoon. I know I’m large and a bit frumpy, but it’s sweet of them to try to give me some encouragement and to help me feel better about it all. G said she started feeling miserable at about 8 months and wound up having her baby about 10 days early. I can only hope that Boop comes a wee bit early, rather than a wee bit late…
Although I’m feeling mentally pretty good this afternoon, I’m running a bit slow. I had been thinking about having friends over, but somehow I wound up choosing Saturday evening. Not sure what I was thinking. I still have a lot to do! But my helpers are coming over tomorrow, and they made pretty good progress last night. I think we can do it J I’m going to miss cookie making day and cookie exchange back home; so I figured I’d have friends over to make cookies and candies. Maybe we’ll make peanut butter cookies and peanut brittle. I need to think of some other easy ones. Chocolate no-bakes would be another good one. We might also do some sugar cookies. Maybe we’ll make some progress on the tree, too. It’s nice to have help decorating the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment