Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Fresh Start. 12-2-11

Ah, I got up this morning to a clean living room J My helpers came and worked a few hours last night. They cleaned all of the drywall dust off the furniture and floor, and it looks so much better!  The stairs are nice and clean, too. Kilz sent me more paint for their mistake, free of charge. Great customer service!  So, we’re all geared up for painting on Saturday. I can’t believe this chapter is finally coming to a close. The living room floor still is in not-so-good shape, but I can’t tackle having the floor sanded until after the baby arrives. The fumes will be too tough on us. However, I’m hoping that we’ll be able to finish the trim/baseboards before Boop’s arrival. I talked to Mom about the two of us heading up to the city to get a new, larger blade for my miter saw. That should make doing trim so much easier.
And I got my Christmas tree!  They helped me get the bottom trimmed up, and we got it put in water. When I got up this morning and came down the stairs, it looked so nice. I’m hoping to have a few friends over to help me trim the tree in the next week or two.  I put my wreath on the front door. The “Hooks” had at least 2 on the front door; so it was more than wreath-ready. Hopefully, my helpers will be able to get Christmas things from the shed so that I can figure out which lights to put outside and what all I want on the inside. The “Hooks” have also been busy on the porch; so I won’t have any trouble having a place to hang the lights. Plenty of things to do for the holiday; however right now, I’m just going to have a cup of apple cider. It’s nice and warm and mulling with a tincture ball full of plum mulling spices. Much better than raisin bran!

No comments:

Post a Comment