Saturday, December 17, 2011

Taking Stock at Week 34. 12-12-11

Here’s what’s happening at Week 34:
  • I usually post nearly a week behind; I try to post the weekly updates on Saturdays. I wonder if I will get that far this week. Boop dropped the Saturday before last, about December 2nd.  I spoke to the midwife today, and she said that the average time from dropping to delivery is about 2 weeks. That could be as early as this weekend! Wow, I’m definitely not ready! I’ve also seen a range of 2-4 weeks for 1st timers. It would be cool if Boop was the 1st baby of Morgantown for 2012 J I hope she can hang in there that long.
  • So, what is “dropping” <I think the medical term is “lightening” or “engagement”> for me? Well, I’m carrying Boop lower. Some of the websites say that reflux and breathing improve. I haven’t noticed any improvement in either, really; although my bra is a bit more comfortable. I do notice a sharp pain when I get up, especially when I’ve been sitting or lying down for a while. At first, I thought it was a urinary tract infection, but it’s probably just Boop’s position. Her head is between my pelvic bones. I also had a new symptom today on the exam table: tailbone pain, and it’s been bothering me on and off for most of the day.
Quick shot at Week 34...
  • Thankfully, the midwife didn’t need to put me on antibiotics this time. They make me feel even sicker, and I dread the fight with Thrush. At my request, she went ahead and did my Strep test, even though the assistant said she wouldn’t for another week. Glad I asked the midwife. All normal. I’ll just try to push through this sinus infection I have. It’s the least of my worries!

No comments:

Post a Comment