Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Aches and Pains. 12-16-11

I just talked to my mom and found out that my great Aunt A passed away, and my great Aunt M just checked into the hospital. Sad on the first part, relieved on the 2nd part. I just wish that my great Aunt A hadn’t waited so long to get sorted out. Me, if I’m not well, I want to nip it in the bud, “Nip it in the Bud!” I used to not be able to understand why folks went to the doctor so much and thought that it was about getting attention, but then I had a few problems that weren’t easy to resolve. I remember doing an interview with someone once who said, “Allergies are non-thing.” Of course, he’s never woken up with his eyes swollen shut with labored breathing, as I personally have. Allergies can be serious.
I have a neighbor who is older than me but very healthy, and her illnesses can be remedied by drinking more water. She’s a very lucky person. As for me, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve found the remedies aren’t so simple. At least there are preventive measures to keep matters from getting worse. Boop and I have had our flu shot. I had my pneumonia shot a couple of years ago after having a mild bout.
When I heard about my aunts, I was calling my mom to tell her that I made an extra visit to the midwife this morning. I was having some pretty constant pain, and I couldn’t figure it out. The midwife worked me in before they closed at noon. On exam, the midwife said that she could feel Boop’s head (meaning that Boop had really dropped and was in good position if she doesn’t move), and we thought it might be a UTI <antibiotics again… ugh!>. To be on the safe side, they monitored me for contractions. Boop’s heart rate and activity were all perfectly normal and no contractions. Maybe that’s because I was repeating over and over in my head on the way to the midwives’, “I’m not having contractions. I’m not having contractions.” I was relieved, and hopefully I’ll start to feel better when the antibiotics kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment