Friday, June 22, 2012

Back to the House. 6-17-12


If I was nervous about my trip to visit family, I was dreading the trip back. At least Mom and Aunt D were coming to my rescue on my way there, but on the way home, I had no one. I had to manage Winnie and Boop on my own. The first hour was tough.  Boop was fitful, and I nearly went hoarse from trying to sing to her. Then, she thankfully fell asleep. At that point, I hated to wake her up. I really needed to stop for a bathroom break, but I didn’t want to wake her, take her out, and put her back in her seat to have her start up again.


Finally, after about 3 hours on the road, I needed to stop for gas and a potty break. I got Boop and Winnie out to walk, which Winnie loved. I parked under the awning to keep Winnie cooler while Boop and I went in for a potty break. I decided it best to just put Boop in her car seat while pumping gas, which went okay. She could see me well and was all smiles.

Then, when I finished, I had to start out, and things fell apart again. She was fitful, but I think she realized that she could see the corner of me if she craned her neck. I’m sure she was thinking, ‘why doesn’t my mommy just pick me up?’ After a fitful half hour or so, she must have dozed off, but I couldn’t see her well because the mirror had moved. We made it in just over 5 hours to my relief. It was still early in the day; so we had time to decompress when we got back to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment