Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Had a Dream. 6-3-12


I’m not sure what set it off. Maybe it was the storm and the threat of tornadoes in nearby counties. I had left the windows open to keep the air circulating, and we were getting some pretty good gusts of wind. It brought back memories. Back in the 90’s, my mom got me tickets to see Crowded House for my birthday and was taking me down to Nashville to see them.  We hit some rough weather, and there were calls for tornadoes around us. When we got to the venue, Sheryl Crowe opened. <It’s one of those awkward situations. Did she really mean to wear a vest with no bra? Was she really trying to flash us? If not, her friends were doing her a disservice as she wore it for a couple more concerts, as it turns out.>  We later learned that the drummer had left the band. At the time, Neil had said something about wishing that a tornado would come and take the whole situation away.

And so in the dream, there were storms all around, and the venue was in some backwoods place, way out in the boonies. One of the doors was even complete with rotten barn wood at the base. I couldn’t believe they were playing there, but I was glad it was near enough for me to go and not have to worry about Boop. Liam Finn was supposed to be opening, but he was late.

Although I knew some folks at the show, I found myself wondering around on my own. There was a security guard that barked at a couple of folks, but I guess I was already out of sight. I cracked open a door and peeped in. <I’ve been known to do that a fair bit, just go and open doors--more out of curiosity than compell-shun; I find lots of interesting things that way. One of these days it’s going to bite me in the rear, and a lion is going to jump out.> I could see their shoes and hear their voices. Oops it was Crowded House, and I quickly shut the door. I hurried away to wait for the show to start and woke up cold on the edge of my bed with Boop snuggled up next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment