Monday, June 18, 2012

A Stitch in Time, Part II. 6-13-12


And we waited. Somehow I managed to feed the baby and walk the dog. But, they had port-o-pots, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to maneuver them in there. My calls weren't going through to my Mom, and then they didn't go through to my aunt. I left a message on my aunt's phone. Baby, dog, and me were stuck, and it was taking too long. We were hot, and I was a bit hesitant about a biker gang that had stopped there. With that, I went ahead and put gas in the car and was leaving the gas station to find a bathroom when Mom and Aunt D were pulling in. Come to find out, Mom got pulled over by a cop for speeding, ahem. Lucky for her, she didn't get a ticket. 
Boop in her sailor suit, taken by Aunt D later that afternoon

After a potty break, Aunt D rode in the back seat with the baby for a while, but Boop began to wail. We stopped at the rest area, and Mom wound up driving my car. Then, we got livers and gizzards for lunch, which we managed to keep from Winnie for the most part. I was in the back with Boop, and I sang all the way to Aunt D's, a solid hour. She did okay from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment