Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hoof and Mouth. 6-24-12


Stuff goes around daycares. Babies pick up everything under the sun. But I wasn’t prepared for Mom’s reaction to the disease that’s going around the daycare now. I’m going to have to tell on her. After they told me at daycare, I talked to Mom to let her know what we might be in for this weekend during her visit. She was going to babysit Boop on Friday night.
Not quite ready to sit up...

Her voice went up an octave in alarm, “Hoof and Mouth Disease?!? What can they do about that? Can’t they keep her from getting it?” I paused a minute. “Well, she probably won’t be getting Hoof and Mouth disease because that’s for horses. What we are watching for is Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. Okay so, they said if she got it, she would spike a fever, and then break out into blisters on her hands, feet, and/or mouth. They said that she would just have to ride it out if she got it. We could give her Tylenol.” Mom wasn’t very happy with this plan and was frustrated about not being able to do anything.

Boop’s had a lot of trouble sleeping at night lately. And they told me that she had a bit of diarrhea at daycare on Friday. Fortunately, those have been the only problems so far, and diarrhea is not really a symptom. I’ve had 3 cysts on my face, apparently unrelated, but I’m laying low on the prednisone just to be on the safe side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment