Thursday, June 21, 2012

We Are the Worms. 6-13-12


Mommy freak out session. We made it home from visiting family safely. It’s 2am; the best time to worry about the baby. I found a little something on my clothes a few days ago. It was a little mucous ball that was clinging to my clothes. Fortunately, it wasn’t moving. It reminds me of something I saw about 8 or 9 years ago. That one did move, and it was awful. Roundworm. We knocked it out pretty quickly, and it wasn’t bad, then. But I’m SUPER worried with a baby.
Of course, I had to check the Internet. Brain dead babies, eyes removed. Lots of awful things. There are raccoons and other woodland creatures around; so no telling what Winnie could have. She eats so many nasty things. Fortunately, Winnie and the baby don’t have much contact, but Winnie sat in my lap the whole trip back and forth. I also read that the roundworm could be transmitted via breast milk.

Urgh, I dread dealing with this. My first step, though, is to get a stool sample to the vet, meaning: I have to get a stool sample and then I have to take it to the vet. I wish I had time to deal with this, but I have a grant due on Friday. Grrrr. Then, if and when I find out, I will have to start treating Winnie. Then, I have to get the baby and I tested.  Awful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment