Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ms. Fixit. 5-27-12


I used to have lots of house projects. I created many projects for myself. I blame HGTV; it gives me too many ideas and makes me actually believe that I can do things quickly and easily. This being my 3rd place, I’m getting pretty familiar with home improvements. My current place, I chose for its location, size, and 1st floor master bedroom and bath. I certainly didn’t choose it for its kitchen. I could hold out my arms and touch three of the walls: 9x9 ft. Insane. So, I expanded the kitchen into the integral garage. I still need to add the finishing touches and may find time to add a backsplash.
A makeshift fascinator, too... Boop gives me plenty of projects. 
So, today, we took on a very minor project, changing out some locks. Mom got the door handle changed out fast enough, but she got stuck with the deadbolt. The old hole for the deadbolt was too deep for the current deadbolt. I knew that this job called for power tools. I got out my oscillating tool that Mom gave me for Christmas, and dug into the door. Amazingly enough, I made quick work of it. Now, I can move in and out of the house while they’re working on my floors and can keep things locked up. Mom held Boop as they both watched me. I can’t wait until Boop is old enough to be my good helper. Hopefully, I can teach her a few things, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment