Monday, June 4, 2012

We Should Have A… 5-27-12


We should have a fire drill. We should be prepared!” We got in a bit late due to our trip to the pediatrician. As we drove up, there was a bit of commotion. I couldn’t quite figure out what was going on. There were more children than usual in the fenced-in play areas. I saw some of her teachers, and my first thought was that she was missing her outside play time. Then, it dawned on me: a fire drill. And there was a dad who was from an ethnicity that I will not mention that was enjoying the whole ordeal unfolding and was excitedly taking photos J. Maybe he was thinking, ‘I’ll post this on my blog.’ Okay, I doubt it, but I let him take enough photos for both of us. <I’m leery of taking photos of other children I don’t know well, and I’m hesitant of putting photos of other folks on my blog--don’t want to make others uncomfortable. If you’re around and don’t mind a snap with Boop in the blog, I will try to accommodate!>

So, I just stood around waiting for the ‘all clear’. Boop was doing okay in her car seat; I decided to just leave her there for a bit. I looked around at Boop’s teachers, and I saw the children in a rolling buggy all together. As we entered, I saw that little J was lying on his belly over top of a few other seated children. My guess is that he made this adjustment on his own, as the rest were sitting up and as he generally tends to be a bit more gregarious. I won’t lament that Boop missed out, as she had a fire drill the first week that she was there. As if starting daycare wasn’t enough, she was freaked out by the noise and blinking lights, but they said she did fine. Today, she got a pass. She had enough to deal with, having to manage after the vaccine shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment