Monday, June 11, 2012

Sad Floor No More. 6-3-12


They didn’t come back to give me references and insurance information as they said they would, but they were trying to accommodate me by finishing the floors a week earlier than planned. I had called a few hotels, as I didn’t think I’d be able to stay after the stain. I was so nervous about trying to manage Boop and Winnie. Winnie would want to go out, I knew, and she can move quickly and pull hard. I was worried that she’d dart out into traffic. I also had to manage Boop’s medicine which had to be refrigerated. I would have to pack, and I was concerned I would forget something. It was warm, and I couldn’t leave Winnie alone in the hotel or car.
On Friday, I woke up at 3am to try and get the house ready, the tarps up and such to keep the dust out of rooms as much as possible. Boop was still asleep, thankfully; so I was able to get things done a bit more quickly. I thought I would be able to lie back down, but Boop woke up at about 5am. They arrived at 8:30am, gave me the contract saying that I owed 50% before they started, which I wasn’t expecting, and showed me some stain samples. Fortunately, in spite of the morning, everything else went really well, and they finished the floors in 1 day. I came in the back door, and the smell wasn’t overwhelming. In fact, the water-base polyurethane wasn’t bad at all. My helper and I were going to work a bit until I got Boop at daycare, and then I was going to take the baby and the dog to the hotel.

The air was circulating, and neither of us thought the floors had much of a smell. So, I was relieved that we could manage the house. I went and got some plastic to tape up the folding doors, and the air conditioner hadn’t been running.  So, what little smell was kept from the back of the house. I kept most of the windows open, and we couldn’t tell anything in the back bedroom. It was such a relief, and my floors looked good. I had to climb into the kitchen to get Boop’s medicine, but we managed okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment