Sunday, June 24, 2012

Zombie. 6-18-12


Loving her Bumbo from T

I'm a bit wiped out. Boop wanted to nurse all night long, and she cried every time I tried to move. It started yesterday afternoon. I'm not exactly sure what was going on with her; she cried even though I was holding her. A part of me wondered if it was my stress level. We had such a nice day at the farm on Saturday. But Sunday afternoon, things kept getting worse. 

I was worried about my grant being due on Monday. I made a few 'hail Mary' emails at the last minute on Friday, but folks were coming through for me over the weekend. That helped with my stress level, but grants are always stressful, no matter how much you think you're prepared. And then the obvious, it was Father's Day. Boop and I don't exactly have fathers (in different ways); so it was a little sad for us. The old cliche goes through my mind: is it really better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all? I wasn't really angling for that social experiment. 

In spite of her challenges communicating, my aunt R told me that she thought I would meet someone soon. She's decided that it's going to be someone rebounding from a relationship "that's not so good." She cracks me up, always has. I wish I were as confident as her about my fate. I'm feeling very disconnected, but I have too much on my plate to keep my mind in this place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment