Thursday, June 28, 2012

Different Thoughts. 6-24-12


I finally got Boop to bed. She’s been cranky all afternoon. She got a little nap but was awoken by Winnie’s sudden erratic bark, likely stoked by a dog that had the audacity to walk in front of our house. That sat Boop off again. She looked so frightened and started to wail. I nursed her and gave her some cereal. I need to give her antibiotics, but I’ll wait until she wakes up next.  When she calmed down, she fell right to sleep. I’m appreciating the quiet, and I know I should be sleeping. It’s hard to go to sleep when it’s light outside, though.

Winnie has been quiet so far. That will help Boop sleep. Winnie wanted to go outside, and she’s been sitting on the porch. I called her to come back in the house, and she didn’t budge. I looked off in the direction she was watching. It was a cute little groundhog in the neighbors’ yard, munching away at clover. The little groundhog looked so peaceful, and I enjoyed watching him for a little while.  I suspect Winnie has something very different on her mind while watching him.   

I’m debating about how much I want to do to get Winnie in the house. I’m letting Winnie and the little groundhog enjoy themselves for a little while. But, my sleep time is ticking away as Boop sleeps. I need to lock up for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment